I've chosen Fated and Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson because I feel I can't put into words how absolutely freaking awesome these books are!
17-year-old Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever. After a mugging exposes her unique ability, Lila decides to run to the only people she can trust - her brother and Alex. They live in Southern California where they work for a secret organisation called The Unit, and Lila discovers that the two of them are hunting down the men who murdered her mother five years before. And that they've found them. In a world where nothing and no one is quite as they seem, Lila quickly realises that she is not alone - there are others out there just like her - people with special powers -and her mother's killer is one of them…
1. Her writing is amazing. She tells such compelling stories that wrap you up, so that when you read the last sentence you're left with such a sense of longing you need the next book now!
2. Her heroines Lila from Hunting Lila and Evie from Fated are completely different yet they're both strong, independent, likeable and relateable. I don't think they have one demeaning trait.
3. Sarah has created two of the most sexy, swoon worthy boys I have ever read! Alex from Hunting Lila is a 22 year old special forces hottie that Lila's been in love with her whole life. He'll have you drooling over every scene he's in. Lucas from Fated is a half human half Shadow Warrior spunk who, even though he's sent to kill Evie he somehow manages to fall head over heels for her. Both these guys will do anything for their girls!
4. The scenes between Lila & Alex and Evie & Lucas are so steamy you'll need a fan to cool yourself down! You'll also wonder how the pages aren't catching fire.
5. Full of edge of you seat action, spectacular fight scenes, great secondary characters and loathsome bad guys you won't be able to put these books down for anything!!
What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?
When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.
But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.
If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?
Thanks to the lovely Caroline Payne from Simon & Schuster for my review copies! What are your 5 reasons why someone should read Losing Lila & Fated? If you haven't read them, have my reasons given you the incentive to pick them up?