Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review: Passion by Lauren Kate

Title: Passion - Fallen Book 3
Author: Lauren Kate 
Age Group: Young Adult
Release Date: June 14th 2011
Publishers: Delacorte Books
Available from: Amazon
The Book Depository
Amazon UK

"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever." 

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . . 

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last. 

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. 

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever. 



*****
In Passion, we follow Luce as she tries to find the origins of her and Daniels curse. I found Passion to be a little different than the two previous books, and I really enjoyed it. I liked learning more about Luce and Daniel and their centuries of story. It gave me a better understanding of them as a couple.  I think I felt more for Luce in this book. She seemed a little more real to me and I really felt for her. She goes through so much to see if what her and Daniel have is real or just a by product of their curse. Daniel always seemed so perfect and wonderful and in Passion, you get to see a different side of him. He has a pretty tragic time, having to watch Luce die over and over. His suffering is so raw and made me feel crying a few times. 
There's a lot going on but it doesn't take away from the story as it is the story. We get to visit war torn Russia, Victorian England and the ancient Maya as Luce travels through the announcers. Lauren Kate brings these past times to life, even though Luce's time in these periods is brief.  I can't really say to much as I don't want to give too much away. But there is a funny little side character that has a massive secret that I didn't see coming. Passion is probably the best in the Fallen series. It's a sweeping tale of a love that last centuries, and two characters that dare to defy a fate that was handed down to them. If you haven't picked up Passion, or it's predecessors Fallen and  Torment you are missing out.
4/5


1 comment:

  1. Ya know I would probably give this a look because of the cover alone. That cover is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete